Saturday 7 July 2012

Vintage Haul

Don't you just love it when you go out to find and buy something but come across something totally different instead?

After hunting for Roald Dahl books in my local charity shops - I'd rather buy second hand than new for so many reasons- I kept coming out empty handed.  I've been reliving my childhood by reading the genius Dahl books to my little girl at bedtime and fueling her imagination and desire to read.  I'd forgotten how good they are...

Anyway, my last stop where I felt sure I would succeed, drew a disappointing blank too.  However, I did unearth in one of the back rooms of this my favourite Aladdin's cave, a varity of 60s and 70s crochet patterns (the pre-decimalisation prices are a clue if the designs aren't enough!), an 80s Vogue sewing pattern for a batwing top, pleated and tapered trousers and a child's culotte, jacket and skirt pattern.  What a haul!


I have scoured the web for a culottes pattern for myself and these look super easy and I'm hoping it may be possible to size it up based on the shape to fit me.  Plus I have the option to make these for my little one as she already wears them for school.






Hmmm I think I will have to make a regular visit to this special place to see what other gems I can unearth....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Fair Saturday 1 December

It seems to be the countdown to the big day starts earlier every year and as some one who has a November birthday, I've grown used to ...