Saturday 2 June 2012

Diamond Jubilee


After a glorious spell of weather, the Diamond Jubilee Bank Holiday looks set to see the return of our typical weather.  It does lift the spirits however with all the bunting, decorations and Union Jacks.  Its good to see people making an effort and there is plenty of patriotic pride.




We let our creative side run wild earlier in the week when we were making a Jubilee crown for the school parade.  


We also went a step further and made a replica of the Diamond Jubilee medal presented to serving members of the forces.










Spot the real one!


Faye was the only one with the medal and the only child with a dad who's get the real thing!  It was made even better as she took both the real medal and her dad into 'show and tell' in a special assembly.  Not sure who had more fun there but I'm bursting with pride for both of them.
















Also this week, I've finished this super cute cardigan, Sirdar 9554.  I love the construction of this and how quickly it came together - it needed to be to keep up with the growth spurts.   I think this will be the first of many...


With our recent glimpse of summer weather, I was spurred on to run up a small version of the Japanese knot bag.  I wanted to avoid wearing a cross the body bag on the journeys to school but where to put my essentials - key, mobile, drink and snack for ravenous child?  Using some fab striped calico and an off .cut of some flowery cotton, I love this little bag.








Its just the perfect size and the calico is of a decent thickness to give the bag a great shape and form.  I can see that this will tempt some friends and family - if you're interested and want one for yourself, contact me through my blog, Facebook page or email  fuzzyfingers@btinternet.com.


Enjoy your holiday weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Fair Saturday 1 December

It seems to be the countdown to the big day starts earlier every year and as some one who has a November birthday, I've grown used to ...