Wednesday 1 February 2012

The Perfect Cake...


Could this be just about the perfect cake?  


This is my solution to the problem of what type of cake to make and keep everyone happy when half the family want chocolate and the rest (that's me!) want a stripy cake.   Stripy cake is what my daughter calls a traditional Victoria sponge cake with jam and buttercream.  The jam in this case was plum.  


As usual in our house, the cake did not last long so perhaps not the perfect cake - this would need to be an everlasting cake that magically appears.  The frequency with which I have to make cakes is probably my own fault as I seem to have got it down to a fine art.  Obviously I was taught by a true baking genius.....my mum!!  The recipe is basic but with a few hidden tweaks but I'll keep those secrets close to my chest....


Have still been busy crafting and sewing a new skirt which I will finish and photo soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Fair Saturday 1 December

It seems to be the countdown to the big day starts earlier every year and as some one who has a November birthday, I've grown used to ...